What we discuss -> Quick Navigation
- Folding mobility scooter reviews
- Introduction – What is a folding mobility scooter
- Benefits of a folding mobility scooter
- Best folding mobility scooters list 2018
- Best folding mobility scooters – Model reviews 2018
- How to choose a folding mobility scooter
update: April. 2018
Introduction – What is a folding mobility scooter
A folding mobility scooter is a motor powered scooter that can be folded and fit into a luggage. Unlike a detachable mobility scooter, which need to be disassembled for transportation, a folding mobility scooter can be collapsed and transported as a single piece. This type of portable scooter is extremely useful when you need to travel by plane because it is lightweight and easy to bring on board. Besides, the battery of folding mobility scooters are mostly in compliance with airplane regulations whereas detachable portable scooters might not have such feature.
For people who travel frequently or having limited strength to handle a casual mobility scooter, a folding mobility scooter is a convenient device for moving around. Unlike casual models, the folding mobility scooters is more versatile, portable and super lightweight, but it still have all of the necessary features.
Skip the intro -> Jump to the best rated folding mobility scooter list 2018
Benefits of a folding mobility scooter
- It is fold-able, detachable and can be put into a luggage
- It is extremely lightweight.
Most of the casual lightweight mobility scooter is about 90-120 lbs. Folding mobility scooters sometimes is only 40 lbs.
- It can be handled by disabled person
Many mobility scooters require normal person to help the users with some works such as battery charging, detaching and installing, carrying and so on. However, folding mobility scooter is optimized for disabled persons to handle on their own therefore they will have a better feeling about themselves.
Here we put the best folding mobility scooters 2017 on the market, so you can compare and have a better decision before buying any. There are also a buying instruction for how to choose a folding mobility scooter at the end which will let you have better understanding about the folding, portable electric scooter.
Best folding mobility scooters list 2018
1. Easy Travel Elite Folding Lightweight Travel Electric Mobility Scooter
2. SmartScoot lithium battery, lightweight only 40 lbs. Mobility Scooter
3. EV Rider Transport – Foldable Travel Senior Electric Mobility Scooter
4.Transformer Electric Folding Mobility Scooter
Best folding mobility scooters – Model reviews 2018
#1. Easy Travel Elite Folding Lightweight Travel Electric Mobility Scooter – Tzora
The Easy Travel Elite is one of the best portable mobility scooter from Tzora brand. This mobility scooter can be folded and put into a luggage so you can put it into a car boot, bring on a train or check on the plane. Because the Easy Travel Elite does not have any connectors, latches so it is very easy to transport as one piece or 2 pieces. It is featured by lightweight (58 lbs. when without battery), detachable lithium battery (8 lbs. so you can bring the battery to charge inside) which is less than 50% weight of SLA battery weight, front easy mover wheels (so you can prevent tipping). The model comes with a lot of accessories such as rear view mirror, front basket, accessory holder, under seat holder…
Benefits of the Easy Travel Elite Easy Travel Elite Folding Lightweight Travel Electric Mobility Scooter
- Easy Travel Elite is a folding mobility scooter which is very versatile for traveling or running errands.
- It can fold easily, and you do not need to lift heavy parts
- You can detach the battery to bring inside for charging. This lithium battery is only 50% weight of the casual battery weight
- It is stable and safe when driving because it has front mover wheels to avoid tipping the scooter from sideways
- It is comfortable when seating with upholstered seat, backrest
- There is an under seat holder so you can store things when shopping with this scooter
Highlighting features of the model
- Disassembles into 3 lightweight components
- Fold into a luggage
- Easily removable SLA battery pack which is only 19 lbs.
- Unique In-Wheel-Motor design
- Weight capacity 250 lbs – Speed 3.7 mph – Heaviest Part 27 lbs.
#2. SmartScoot lithium battery, lightweight only 40 lbs. Mobility
SmartScoot mobility scooter is the lightest folding mobility scooter on the market (only 40 lbs.), which is a great option when you have limited strength to lift-up the scooter on your own to transport. Even it is very lightweight, the scooter is made by stainless steel with special design so it can support up to 300 lbs. You can fold this scooter and it fits in any boot car. This scooter also uses a lithium battery (which is about 10 lbs), detachable for indoor charging and it gives up to 12 miles per charging time. Fully adjustable steering column, seat, backrest and rear wheels, led light system, disc brake and parking brake, accessories for maximal comfortability and stability.
Main benefits of the SmartScoot mobility scooter
- Perfect for plane travel
- Lightest weight electric mobility scooter (40. lbs only)
- Folded in seconds, fit in any car
- Easy to use and safe to run with lighting system, brakes and anti tipping wheels
- Lightweight (13 lbs.) lithium battery lasting for 12 miles
- Durable with stainless steel construction
- Support 300 lbs.
Highlighting features of SmartScoot mobility scooter
- Lightweight under 40 lbs. Easy to fold, no tools required
- Easily breaks apart into 3 sections with lightest section 27 lbs. No tools required.
- Stainless Steel Frame light weight and rust proof.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery, long lasting up to 12 miles.
#3. EV Rider Transport – Foldable Travel Senior Electric Mobility Scooter
EV Rider Transport Electric Mobility Scooter is one of the top portable mobility scooter at a decent price. The main difference of the EV Rider Scooter with Easy Lite Scooter and Smartscoot models is that this scooter uses SLA battery which is heavier than the above models but it is more cost effective. It is also a folding scooter that fits in boot car. The model is optimized for stability and comfortability by having 4 anti tipping wheels and 2 front easy mover wheels.
Main benefits of the EV Rider Foldable Travel Senior Electric
- It can be folded and unfolded easily without disassembling
- Can fit in trunks, cars
- SLA battery (heavier but cost effective)
- Powerful 270 Watt 4-pole motor
Highlighting features of EV Rider Foldable Travel Senior Electric
- Support 250 lbs.
- SLA Battery Pack standard
- 270 Watt 4-pole motor
- 10 to 15 mile range per charge
- 53 lbs. (when no battery)
#4. Transformer Electric Folding Mobility Scooter
Transformer Electric Folding Mobility Scooter is also one of the lightest folding device which is only 55 lbs (with battery). It uses a lithium battery (only 3 lbs.) but is powerful to last up to 13.5 miles per charging time. This scooter can support up to 300 lbs. person, fully compliant with airline regulations so it can be a great option when you need to travel by plane. Even it is ultra-lightweight, the seat and backrest are upholstered and adjustable to give you more comfortability when riding. The scooter has remote control folding feature so you can fold it in a second.
Benefits of the Transformer Electric Folding Mobility Scooter
- Ultra-lightweight and portable so you can bring on the airplane
- Lightest weight lithium dry cells battery (only 3 lbs.) but powerful for 13.5 miles per charge
- Support for larger person up to 300 lbs.
- 12 month in Home Service so you will never worry if there is any issue
Highlighting features of the model
- Remote control for folding and unfolding in a second
- Ultra lightweight
- Max weight capacity: 300 lbs.
- Max drive range: 13.5 miles per charge
- Max speed: 3.7 mph
- Lithium battery
How to choose a folding mobility scooter
Apart from the comfortability and 9 factors of choosing a mobility scooter, there are a few more features you should check for the folding mobility scooters.
- Folding mobility scooter size when folded
Consider where you want to travel with your scooter and what means you use to bring the scooter and check for the size of folded mobility scooter if it fit.
- Detachable vs. Folding mobility scooter
There can be a misconception between a “detachable mobility scooter” and folding mobility scooter. The first one is often means that you can detach the device into pieces and you can transport during traveling but it require more mechanical skills to assemble and disassemble, while folding mobility scooter is often folded by one piece and fit into boot car. Folding mobility scooter is detachable and fold-able too, but the detachable version can’t be folded.
- Mobility weight support
Check for the version which can support you weight because some versions can only support small person (about 150 lbs.) but some can support larger person (300 lbs.)
- Airplane friendly mobility scooter
Because mobility scooter use the SLA battery and Lithium battery therefore you should check if they are compliant with the airline regulation when you intend to use the electric folding scooter for airplane travel
- Price of folding mobility scooter
The price of folding mobility scooter is generally higher than the normal one. Think of the frequency you use the scooter, your body strength to see if a casual mobility scooter can be an alternative so you can cut off the budget.
You might love to read