Update: 04. 2018
The Explorer 4 mobility scooter is a portable 4 wheel device appeared on the market since 2009, therefore, it has a long tracking record of performance. The greatest advantage of this device is the super long driving range up to 19 miles per charge so it is ideal for a long drive. Another great thing about the battery is that it complies with air travel regulation so if you are traveling by air frequently, then you can consider this model to ease your personal mobility. On the other hands, because the Explorer 4 Mobility Scooter has appeared for a long time therefore currently there are some other rivals which have better features at the cheaper price, for example, the Style Scooter with suspension from Betterlife. You can check for the current price of this model here, or read reviews and discuss pros and cons of this model below.
Why people choose the Explorer 4 Mobility Scooter
People choose this four-wheel scooter mostly because of its long driving range that similar devices can’t beat. Specifically, a portable scooter can run for maximal of 8-10 miles per charge, but this unit can run up to 19 miles per charge (because it uses double battery units), therefore you can drive farther without the need of carrying another backup battery.
Besides, this model price is also affordable so in terms of long driving range and price it can be a good choice for the disabled person.
Main benefits of the model
- This scooter can support up to 130 kg (20 stones) and it has a front basket and a long driving range so you can use this scooter for running daily with less maintenance and charging time. It is a four wheel model (stable than 3 wheel model), single speed control and it can run forward (4 mph) and backward (2 mph) too.
- The model can be detached into 4 pieces for car boot or airplane traveling. It has a total weight of 43 kg (heaviest part is the batteries at 12.4Kg) and uses an automatic dynamic regenerative dual-braking system for a safe drive.
- Unlike other mobility scooters, this model uses pneumatic tires for a smoother drive and because of that, it can have the puncture (there is Optional Puncture Prevention System available).
- Last but not least, the model is applicable to VAT relief program so you can save more money.
Features and important specifications of Explorer 4 Mobility Scooter
- Overall Length: 109cm (43″)
- Overall Width: 48cm (19″ )
- Overall Height: 86cm (34″)
- Ground Clearance: 6cm (2.5″ )
- Maximum User Weight: 130kgs (20 stone)
- Maximum Travelling Range: up to 19 miles
- Tyres size: 28 x 60cm
- Total weight 43Kg (heaviest part is the batteries at 12.4Kg)
- Automatic dynamic regenerative dual-braking system
- Supplied with 2 Amp off-board battery charger and instruction manual
- 1-year warranty
Pros and cons of Explorer 4 Mobility Scooter
- Long driving range (19 miles)
- Battery is air travel approved
- Affordable price
- No suspension coils
- Double battery packs so when you need to replace the battery after 1-2 years, it costs double money.
Explorer 4 Mobility Scooter is a classic unit for the disabled person to have a better mobility. With the advantages of long drive range, lightweight design, and good price, it can be a good choice for daily commuting.
Tags: Explorer 4 Mobility Scooter, explorer 4 mobility scooter car transportable (boot) new, manual, battery, reviews
explorer 4 mobility scooter parts