Smartscoot mobility scooter reviews
update: October 2017
Smartscoot mobility scooter is the lightest folding mobility scooter on the market, which is only 40 lbs. however it can support up to 300 lbs person. This scooter is featured by the lightest weight, light lithium battery with high maximal speed (7 mph), long drive range (12 miles per charge), constructed by stainless steel. It is a folding scooter which is very useful for traveling on plane, bus or car. You can check for the price and possible discount of this model here.
Why people choose the Smartscoot mobility scooter
Users choose this model because it is well built, ultra-lightweight and have a higher performance compared with other lightweight mobility scooter.
- The scooter is made with stainless steel so it is very strong and durable in all regards
- Disk brakes let you be safe on the road
- High speed limit and longer drive range. This scooter can run for 12 miles per charge which is perhaps the highest drive range on the market
- Short battery charging time: only 4 hours for fully charge. The battery is small and lightweight too.
Downside of the Smartscoot mobility scooter
There are 2 downsides of not only Smartscoot mobility scooter but they are common disadvantages of any lightweight scooter
- Expensive – the lightweight mobility scooter is higher in price compared with casual mobility scooter.
- Can tip when you ride across highly incline areas because it’s weight is not as heavy enough as casual mobility scooter to keep balancing. Therefore, if you are ling in areas with a lot of slope, consider a heavy weight mobility scooter will be a better option.
Highlighting features and spec of the Smartscoot mobility scooter model
- 8″ rubber front tire and 7″ plastic/rubber rear tires.
- Scooter Size Setup 39″ H x 38″ L x 22″ W
- Scooter Size Folded with Seat 30.5″ H x 38″ L x 22″ W
- Scooter Size Folded without Seat 17″ H x 38″ L x 22″ W
- Scooter weight complete 39.5 lbs.
- Seat Weight 8.5 lbs.
- Battery weight 4 lbs
- Maximum load weight 300lbs
- Scooter Speeds Top speed 7 mph in 3rd Speed
- Ground clearance 9″ front – 3″ rear
- Battery 36V, 8 amp hr 288 watt Li-Ion Rechargeable
- Battery Charger Input Voltage : AC100V-240V
- Battery charging time 4~5 hours
- Frame Materials Stainless Steel
- Brakes Front Disk Brake
- Drive Front Wheel Drive
- A complete Smartscoot scooter with lithium battery pack, charger and front basket.
Reviews on performance Smartscoot mobility scooter
Traveling convenience 10/10
This Smartscoot scooter fit to boot car, extremely lightweight (40 lbs.) and compliant with airplane regulations so basically you can bring this scooter anywhere.
Smartscoot scooter has a relatively high max speed (7 mph maximal) and max drive range (12 mpc) compared with other lightweight models. This is important because most of other lightweight mobility scooters allow only about 4.25 mph.
Lightest on the market. Nothing can beat this model
Brakes Front Disk Brake ensure you to be safe even riding in incline/ decline area with the given max speed.
Smartscoot mobility scooter is a high end lightweight folding mobility scooter which is best in terms of performance and stability. Despite it is relatively expensive, users still vote it is one of the best lightweight mobility scooter available so far.
FAQs about Smartscoot mobility scooter
- Is it possible to carry the smartscoot on airplane? – Yes it can. Smartcoot is complied with airplane regulation (FDA approved) so you can bring this scooter when travelling by plane
- is it fit to a car boot? – it fits to a Toyota car boot.
- Can this scooter run in the rain? – no it is not recommended because some parts (battery) are not water resistant.